Holden.
How do you spell that?
H.O.L.D.E.N.
Jay and I have had this conversation numerous times with different people; from the check-out lady at CVS (who thinks she is part of our family) to other moms at Jack's school. Granted, this name isn't in the top ten most popular names, but we also didn't make it up.
Jack was/is such a common name that we wanted something different. I had told myself that if he looks like Jack, we'll go with Hudson. But he didn't, and I'm so glad, because in the last week I've heard of 4 babies named Hudson.
We chose Nicholas as his middle name because it's a family name on my dad's side. They are Russian, and Holden will be the 4th generation Nicholas. Also, Jay has a close friend, Nick Infante, so we both got something out of the name.
Holden is so sweet, and Jay and I are so in love with him, that I think we made the perfect choice!


He is TOTALLY a Holden - from his beautiful eyes to his tiny little toes!! And, its appropriate that he loves you to hold him so much. And, I love to hold him,too :)
ReplyDeleteWhenever someone asks Davy her name she says, "Davy, D-A-V-Y". She's listened to me do it for years now. I never knew how annoying people could be about a name that was a little different.
ReplyDeleteHolden is a GREAT name. It's also the name of one of my favorite literary characters: Holden Caufied. :)
ReplyDelete(this is laura from Hollywood Housewife)
Thanks Laura! I was shocked to see a comment from you. I'm honored you stopped by! I'm a HUGE fan of your blog. Please don't stop writing.
ReplyDeleteabby
I know this was posted a while ago - but I have to say - I love it. My 3 year old son is named Holden and people look at us strangely all the time. We both love Catcher in the Rye, which was our inspiration. Our almost 2 year old is named Jude - both different - and we love them.
ReplyDeleteCatcher in the Rye was our inspiration as well! I love the name Jude, but I think we're probably done naming babies. ;-) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDelete