(Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items,and general stuff I love from the week.)
Happy Friday! These images make me happy, so I'm starting with them!
Tomato Feta Salad, by Ina Garten has all the best flavors wrapped into one salad. Do you think you don't like Feta? Have no fear. This salad will make you a believer. Plus, it only has a few ingredients, so you can throw it together in a matter of minutes. Jack has loved eating this since he was 2 or 3, so I'm fairly certain you will like it too!I am not good at keeping my house clean. Well, I take that back. It's usually clean, but not always tidy. HELLO--I have two small children and husband, and I'm pretty sure I could spend 100% of my time picking up after them, and I refuse. So in an effort to get inspired, I visited the FlyLady. She asks if you are living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). She said to just start with cleaning your sink. "You have struggled for years with a cluttered home and you are so beaten down. I just want to put a smile on your face. When you get up the next morning, your sink will greet you and a smile will come across your lovely face." She does not care if you have to put all your dishes on the floor to clean it, just do it. My friend Kristen and I have signed up for her month of baby steps: a month long tool to help you develop easy habits to keep your house from slipping into CHAOS. Anyone else want to join in???
(Warning: her website is a little on the cheesy side, but she seems to know what she's talking about.)
I found these pieces of Paper Art by Julene Harrison at 10 Rooms. I think they are unique and beautiful.
Then you can frame it with a colored backing.
Meet Emi Edgley.
Her story is one of the best post I have read this week. But I am warning you now, that you may need the Kleenex. You can read it here. I thought this was worth sharing; how is this for a family tree?
here is the close-up
maybe this is more your style











I LOVE the family trees!! They are gorgeous!!
ReplyDelete