5/31/10

Memorial Day Recipe


When I invited my mom to come for the weekend, I was sure to ask her to bring her carrot cake recipe.  I know, you probably have your own version that you like best, but give this one a chance.  When I was three, we lived in Wausau, WI.  This cake won first prize in the Wisconsin State Fair, and my mom was smart enough to write it down.  Now, twenty-seven years later, this cake still wows me, and everyone else who is lucky enough for it to touch their lips!

Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake
Preheat oven 350
Combine in a large bowl & Mix Well:
2 C flour
2 C sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 C shredded carrots (added last)
mix in a smaller bowl, and add to your dry ingredients:
4 eggs
1 1/4 salad oil
Bake 45-50 minutes.  Let cool completely and cover with frosting.

Frosting
Combine and mix well:
3/4 C of softened cream cheese
1/2 C softened butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 C powdered sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails