My mom is getting ready to go back to Chicago, so I thought I should take advantage of the free babysitting while I can. Jack and I headed outside to have some time alone together before the heat got the best of us. We shared a piece of Emily's Banana Coffee Cake on the deck, and Jack took me on a walk while he road his scooter. Now that I have two kids, I'm starting to realize how very important it is to spend time alone with each child. Sadly, that is easier said than done.
How do you manage to get that alone time with your kids? What are some of the special activities you find to do together?



You're so sweet. I don't do this much. Sometimes I will swallow my agenda and take one of the kids with me when I am heading to the grocery store when Alex is home. They do love it. Alex is great at taking the kids out for breakfast individually. Davy is almost done napping on a regular basis, so I'm thinking that might be some of our alone time.
ReplyDeleteI love taking my individual kiddos out for "dates". Dinner and a movie. Lunch on a weekend. Trip to the library. Now, being with just one is so special and rewarding- for me too! With my boys age span, it's pretty easy (although I know that will change). Travis gets to stay up later, so we may head for ice cream after the others have gone to bed. Andrew naps, so Justin and I may hit a quick lunch during the day. Doesn't have to be anything fancy- can be McDonalds in 20 minutes. Just some special time for them and them alone. We aim for each kid with each parent once a month, but it doesn't always happen.
ReplyDelete