6/4/10

Friday Favorites

Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items,and general stuff I love from the week.

(I'm working on making some changes to my blog. Thank you for your patience.)



Sarah, a friend from my days at MSU, drove 2 1/2 hours with her baby to spend the day with us.  She also wanted to meet Holden. Sarah is a veggie lover, so this Panzanella Salad came to mind right away!  Red and yellow bell peppers, tons of fresh basil and tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and toasted chunks of french bread, make this an AMAZING summer salad that is also very filling.  I'm pretty sure we could have munched on this all afternoon.

I was scrolling through House of Turquoise when I saw the wallpapered ceiling in this entryway.  My jaw dropped.  I want to be more gutsy with our next house, and a wallpapered ceiling might just do the trick.


Isn't this one of the most beautiful kitchens you have ever seen?  I don't even know where to begin to mention all that I love in this space.  Is it the shelves with the plates?  Or the lantern fixtures?  Well, it has a surprise; the island holds a flat screen TV with pocket doors facing the family room.  Brilliant.  A girl can dream, right?


I like Dr. Laura.  I'll say it.  I know some loathe her, but I'm not one of those people.  She speaks it as it is, and I appreciate her focus on doing what is right, and not just what feels good at the time.  ANYWHO!  Even if you think you don't like her, take moment to read this post about character, and a parachute jumper that saves a life.  I just hope we can instill that strength of character and resolve in our boys.  Lord help us!

We will be spending a lot of time up north this summer, to see my dad, and spend time on his boat.  So what do you do with an infant, on a boat, who can't use sunscreen?  Sun hats from Hanna Andersson.

They have sunscreen built-in, they stay on, and most importantly, they look adorable!  At $10, they are worth every penny.

A year ago today, I peed on a stick and saw a plus sign.  Yes, I was preggo with sweet baby Holden.What does this have to do with Friday Favorites?  Well I just happened to have big plans that weekend.  No, HUGE plans.  I was getting ready to fly out to CA to surprise Mehridith for her 30th birthday.  Her loving husband brought me out there, and surprised Mehridith the next day with a private cooking lesson for all of us with Michael Chiarello.  You may have heard of him...here or here.  He was quite a character!  After our lesson we had a secluded dinner at his restaurant in Napa, and the whole weekend is one I will never forget, not just because of the experience, but because that was the weekend I knew there was a heart aflutter inside.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEHRIDITH! 

3 comments:

  1. I made the Panzanella Salad for dinner tonight, and Ryan LOVED it! Thanks for introducing me to this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to steal that entryway. Just when I think I love my house so much and don't want to change it at all, you post something like that which makes me drool with envy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that wallpapered ceiling! I met with our wallpaper guy just this morning. He always hates my wallpaper ideas, but does them anyway. I know he would feel the same if I wanted to wallpaper the ceiling. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails