Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items, and general stuff I love from the week.
I confess that I have not made these Malt Chocolate Chip Cookies yet, but they are on the agenda for our weekend! Yes, malt chocolate chip. I LOVE malt. I ask for extra malt at the ice cream shop. For some reason, I never knew I could just buy malt at the store! Thanks to the Pioneer Woman, I will now be adding malt to everything.
I confess that I have not made these Malt Chocolate Chip Cookies yet, but they are on the agenda for our weekend! Yes, malt chocolate chip. I LOVE malt. I ask for extra malt at the ice cream shop. For some reason, I never knew I could just buy malt at the store! Thanks to the Pioneer Woman, I will now be adding malt to everything.

Corie's living room is almost done. Because Corie and her husband have been renting their house, moving, and having two children in two years, they never had the time to pause and consider what design style fit them best. How would you describe your style? Well Sproost has a simple quiz to help you figure it out! According to Sproost, my interior design style is 50% Nantucket Style (pictured below), 33% Classic, and 17% Hollywood Couture.
How do you handle a friend or relative with a radically different parenting style? When I saw this post on Hollywood Housewife, one of my absolute favorite blogs, I couldn't wait to read it. I would even add another element to the title. What if the relative is one of your parents? That gets even stickier. This was my favorite blog post of the week, along with the comments. One of the most interesting things I noticed was that everyone seems to think they are middle-of-the-road, while someone else might see their views as "out there." I could probably do a whole post on just this topic, but I'll leave it to Hollywood Housewife. I would LOVE to hear your comments on this subject. Why are ya'll so comment shy???
Well actually, I had TWO favorite blog posts from this week. This one is vastly different, and titled Holding on Loosely. She will pull at your heart, but in a good way. A beautifully written, wonderful reminder for parents, that our children are just on loan to us. Please read! I wouldn't steer you wrong!
This cartoon cracked me up. Story of my life. I found it here.
Have a wonderful weekend!





Abby, I took the design style test and these were my results:
ReplyDelete60% Traditional Country
20% Classic
20% Nantucket Style
Sproost was right -on with you! Can't wait to see what you've done with Corie's house!
ReplyDeleteAbby - I was 100% Traditional Country... not sure what to make of that! ;)
ReplyDeleteOooh...these results on so interesting! If you take the quiz, let me know if you think they are right!
ReplyDeleteSarah- Did you think yours were correct? Kara, did you agree? If that is in fact your style, then we have some work to do on your house. :-)
I've taken the quiz a million times, and without fail I'm always a mix of Vintage Modern and Hollywood Couture.
ReplyDeleteI'm currently on the phone with my mom who is going on and on about what my bro and his wife are doing wrong with raising their baby. :) And I have trouble sometimes when I see a friend who isn't treating her animals as well as I think she should. . . they're not being mistreated, so I don't say anything. If I was worried about a child or animal's safety, though, I'd speak up.
Yes, I think my results were about right on. :)
ReplyDeleteI was 67% Nantucket Style and 33% Contemporary - and when I read the results (saying that my favorite homes are on the beach, I want to live on the beach or bring the beach into my home), I actually laughed out loud because it is SO true!! I keep thinking about how gorgeous Sharon Gammons' home is and how much I loved visiting there, years ago. The contemporary part comes from my love for clean lines, bold colors, and really cool/different accessories. (The very last contemporary room photo in the quiz is GORGEOUS and I love it!) Very fun...thanks for sharing. :) (Too bad I don't have a house - or the money to decorate a house - in order to have my dream Nantucket-Style home!)
ReplyDeleteI just did the quiz again -- now it says I am 50% Nantucket Style, 25% Arts and Crafts, and 25% Mountain Lodge. I read all those descriptions ... and I can identify with them as well! Maybe this is why I have nothing hanging on my walls yet... :)
ReplyDeleteI took the quiz and my results were 44% Modern Elegance, 33% French Eclectic, and 23% Vintage Modern. Interesting!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link love on the differing parenting styles. It's definitely a twist when the person you differ from the most is your own parent or in-law! I should toss that to my readers and see where it goes. :)