I make this during the week. I make it for dinner parties. It is lite enough for the summer, and tasty enough for winter. Jay requests this for his birthday, and just had it for Father's day. My point is this is versatile, and deeeeeeeeeelish. No need for knives on the table! This will fall apart with a fork.
I won't lie. You have to be committed. If for no other reason than the amount of dishes this creates...and Lord knows I hate post-dinner clean up. Chicken Piccata is also the perfect recipe to get out any aggression, because you are going to pound it as flat as a pancake. This recipe is a labor of love, but it's worth it.
You probably have most of the ingredients in your home, except maybe the white wine. (Why do the recipes I like always include wine?) But any recipe that has a sauce of white wine, butter, and lemon juice can't be all bad.
Finally, I usually pair Chicken Piccata with roasted potatoes and veggies in the summer, but it is especially fabulous with mashed potatoes in the winter. The puddled sauce on your plate is perfect for swirling into those potatoes, or really whatever you decide to serve with it. Roasted asparagus anyone?
Do you have a hands-down-their-eyes-will-roll-back-in-their-head-it's-so-good recipe? Have you made a different version of Chicken Piccata? I would love to see your recipe. Leave a comment and post a link!
For more recipes found on my blog, click on the "FOOD" tab at the top of the page.



I need numbers girl. Exactly how committed do I have to be?
ReplyDeleteT
Here are the stats:
ReplyDeletesauté pan
cookie sheet (using parchment paper helps)
bowl for egg
bowl for breadcrumbs
bowl for flour
cutting board (pounding the chicken)
measuring cups
The first time you make it will be the longest. Just try it when A. is home to play with the kids.
I'm in!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete