Holden received his first toy from us after playing with Jack's toys for seven months. Poor second child! He wants to stand and walk with the help of our fingers all day and I thought he would love standing at this cube. This large wooden toy is not only adorable but educational. I was sure Holden would spend his whole day learning the alphabet on those squares! ;-)
Silly mommy. I should know better by now.
What is Holden playing with today?
It's a good thing babies are cute!
The same company that makes the activity cube also sells this percussion set. That is next on my list.
What are some of your favorite toys for baby? Is there a specific brand you like most? Please share and leave a link in your comment!






Abby, Zoey has that percussion set and it's a hoot! I put on some music and we each choose a noise maker and boogie down. So much fun!
ReplyDeleteMy twenty month old loves that cube and has for almost a year now, so I think you'll get a lot of use out of it still. It's so funny what they like and don't like and how they won't look at a toy for months and then get obsessed with it. Even though my son loves music and dancing, he has not really gotten into any instruments. This was one of his favorites for a long, long time: http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-8479-Playskool-Busy-Gears/dp/B000BCEJ86. It could keep him busy forever.
ReplyDeleteA House and Home--Thanks for the suggestion! That my be a perfect first birthday gift.
ReplyDeleteJessica, it sounds like you and Zoey have a blast. Holden loves to dance too.
The percussion is cute, but a pot and a spoon works well, ask Xander ! Then a little snack box with beans are good for shaking noise. We had some bean bags for the kids that I made and they wore out with use! They are really simple if you have a sewing machine (and cheap!)
ReplyDeleteMeg Allen
Grrr. In true lack-of-sleep fashion, there is a massive typo grammar error on this post. I'm surprised anyone reads this blog! Off to fix it.
ReplyDeleteYep....they will always want the boxes....even when they are 15. Ariel says...."mom, don't get rid of that box, it's a good one". And of course Joey builds forts out of every scrap of anything around.
ReplyDeleteOur doctor's office has two of those cubes and they are always in hot demand - I'm sure he will take a shine to it soon.
ReplyDeleteWe gave my son these cars from K's Kids for his first birthday and as they can go through the wash they still look brand new.
http://www.kskids.com/new3/KksProductDetail.php?product_id=2612