Welcome to my Friday Favorites: a list of my favorite blogs, recipe, design ideas and just general stuff from the week.
Hollywood Housewife featured this jewelry frame on her blog I thought it was brilliant. You can check it out here.
Jenny from my favorite and my best did a guest post on Peppermint Bliss, and it was one of the best post I read all week. It's on the reality and love of Mawwage. Mawwage. Do you have a child at home that could really use a cape in their day to day adventures? Here is a super tutorial on an super hero cape.
Jane from The Borrowed Abode introduced me to IHeart Organizing. Who doesn't need a bit more organization in their life? I heart this blog. She even provides free downloadable documents. Here are three to get you started: Grocery-List, Meal-Planning-Calendar, Baby-Sitter-Worksheet.
Custom Sofa Design is a site that has very reasonably priced sofas with countless fabrics to select. They are a nice alternative to the same old stores that we usually think of for furniture and the pieces are under a thousand with great reviews.
Diary of a wimpy chick is a great yet bothersome piece questioning why we don't speak-up. Head over to suburban snapshots to read her short story.
I love a painted floor. I would rip up our carpet in a second to paint the floor. Here is a great mini sunroom makeover from Young House Love that includes both of my favorites: turquoise and a painted floor.
Why are we addicted to complaining and how to stop? Lisa explains that too often we connect through our "misery".
This week I am going to end with a recipe that Julie sent me. I am not sure of her source, so if you know this recipe please share! This Slow Cooker French Dip looks incredibly easy. Anything with beer and beef sounds perfect for a rainy fall football weekend.
Ingredients
* 4 lbs bottom round beef roast
* 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
* 1 (19 ounce) can progresso French onion soup (not
condensed soup)
* 1 (12 ounce) can beer
* 3 beef bouillon cubes
* 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
* salt
* 10 kaiser rolls (or your favorite hard rolls)
* provolone cheese (optional)
Directions
#1 Place roast in 4.5 - 6 quart slow cooker.
#2 Sprinkle with onion soup mix and then pour onion soup and beer over it.
#3 Drop bouillon cubes in different spots into the liquid and sprinkle pepper and salt to taste over all.
#4 Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (I guess you could also cook on low for 8 hours or so, but I haven't tried it!).
#5 Remove meat and slice or shred; return to slow cooker and cover.
#6 Turn to low and let meat soak up the juices until ready to serve.
Our favorite way to serve: open rolls and place a slice of provolone on one side of each; place under broiler until cheese is almost melted. Spoon beef on top with slotted spoon and serve sandwich with a side cup of au jus.
* 4 lbs bottom round beef roast
* 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
* 1 (19 ounce) can progresso French onion soup (not
condensed soup)
* 1 (12 ounce) can beer
* 3 beef bouillon cubes
* 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
* salt
* 10 kaiser rolls (or your favorite hard rolls)
* provolone cheese (optional)
Directions
#1 Place roast in 4.5 - 6 quart slow cooker.
#2 Sprinkle with onion soup mix and then pour onion soup and beer over it.
#3 Drop bouillon cubes in different spots into the liquid and sprinkle pepper and salt to taste over all.
#4 Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (I guess you could also cook on low for 8 hours or so, but I haven't tried it!).
#5 Remove meat and slice or shred; return to slow cooker and cover.
#6 Turn to low and let meat soak up the juices until ready to serve.
Our favorite way to serve: open rolls and place a slice of provolone on one side of each; place under broiler until cheese is almost melted. Spoon beef on top with slotted spoon and serve sandwich with a side cup of au jus.
Enjoy your weekend!
abby













I did love Jenny's post at Peppermint Bliss. Worth the read. Had me laughing...I will have to check out some of the others.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know that today I participated in A Place for Tea's Flower Friday, and posted my flower in honor of my new favorite blog - yours. I'm so glad I found your blog. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you! That is so special and encouraging. Sometimes I wonder what the heck I'm doing on here. Many thanks, abby
ReplyDeleteThat jewellry holder is brilliant, agreed. I made my son a cape once for christmas, emblazoned with gold lightening bolts and SC - Super Cam! he wore it for a year straight :) Have a great weekend! (and love those shades)
ReplyDeleteThe writing on the steps......brilliant stuff.
ReplyDeleteHere I am....not sleeping...and all I want is a bite of that french dip. Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeletelove the steps...with my three kiddos and autumn upon us in ol'blighty...thought i'd go and check out some halloween tips...thanks!!
ReplyDeletea happy new follower...
melissa x
Love the Halloween stuff. Now I'm off to learn how to make a cape!!
ReplyDeleteXo amanda
Julie- The french dip was quite good. I actually roasted carrots, fennel, and red skin potatoes as a side and it was all a big hit. Jay even used the veggies with his egg breakfast today. I'm sorry you weren't sleeping! I hope it was out of excitement and not dread.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the cape instructions! I'm going to try to make one this week-I'll let you know how it turns out : )
ReplyDelete