Welcome back to Baby Week! We have covered Inspiration for Baby Boys and Baby Girls, and now we're talking Date Night.
Tonight I put on tights and prayed no one would notice that I didn't shave my legs. A cute suit, patent pumps, and gold hoops made me feel business enough for the occasion, and Jay and I left to hear Sean and Leigh Anne Touhy speak. The Blindside is one of my all-time favorite movies because of Leigh Anne's character and the overall message. They. Were. Amazing. But back to date night--
My Main Man goes to plenty of events "for work" but most of the time I take a pass because it's not worth paying a babysitter to chit chat with strangers. But tonight I asked to go and I am so thankful I did. There are times when you have to take "date night" wherever you can find it.
If you are married without kids then it is practically date night every night! But once the baby comes there are different season. First, you're so darn tired you have to pry your eyelids open with toothpicks and the idea of dressing up getting dressed and going out is even more daunting. Plus, you couldn't bear leaving your little miracle. Then they get older (3-18 months) and they are so darn cute you just want to spend time with them and bring them along.
At some point you truly need to carve out time for you as a couple. It doesn't have to be fancy (although a little lipstick and mascara never hurt anyone) but for me, it's all about a shared experience without the kids. Unless you work with your spouse, most of your shared experiences are with or about the kids. So get out and DO something! Experience something; even if it is a walk around your neighborhood while your kiddos play next door.
We are not very good at this. We don't have anything scheduled. We don't make a goal of "date night." But when we do go out, even if it is "for work" (I keep putting that in quotes because most of the time it doesn't sound like work to me.) the shared experience is absolutely worth the babysitter.
How do you do "date night after kids"?
What tips do you have for new parents regarding date night?
Later today is our "Nursery Party" where you can link-up to share your nursery post, or e-mail me your nursery photos to share! Tomorrow I'm tackling "What I Wish I Knew Before I Registered" so bring your best registry tips for comments.
If you enjoyed this post I hope you will subscribe to my blog or "follow" in the sidebar.



We also don't do anything special; mostly it's about having dinner together once the kids are in bed, downstairs at the coffee table by ourselves! :) We order "grown-up pizza" - that's the kind with toppings - and maybe light a candle or two, put in a movie we want to watch together, and cuddle on the couch while we eat. We had a lot of time as a couple before having kids, and I think that helped - my DH and I have a really good sense of what we are together without the children to come back to.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, I enjoy your posts! :) Emily
Excellent article thanks so considerably glad I found you guys
ReplyDeleteLook at my page dental pro 7 ingredients
Wait arent you in thailand too? Pulling precisely the same ballin' shit as Dupre?
ReplyDeleteLook into my page dating tips For Shy guys first date
Hormone levels could be different from man or woman to particular person.
ReplyDeleteIt is all about how your DNA. Regardless of whether it is going
to release the correct volume of hormones and needless to
say, you will find males and girls who are just by natural means blessed.
my blog - mike chang six pack shortcuts youtube channel
iam about to use the herbalife products for weight loss.
ReplyDelete. after coming to wanted weight if i stop using these items, am i
able to regain bodyweight? n i used to accomplish exercise n diet program each of the instances.
.
My website: john berardi precision nutrition intermittent fasting
I'm NOT SUGGESTING Girls WOULD Have to GO TOPLESS, JUST If they Choose TO AND At least Have the Proper TO.
ReplyDeleteDO YOU Think THAT Men Still Manage WOMENS BODIES WITH Rules THAT Have been Created Long Prior to Girls COULD VOTE?
ALICE: THEN WHY IN Places LIKE RIO ARE THERE NOT Far more Situations OF RAPE. TOPLESS IS Legal THERE AND Has become For a lot of Decades.
my website ... attract men
This can be hilarious!
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my web-site :: mike chang monster mass diet
Im still waiting for any reply on how am i able to obtain
ReplyDeletethe ginger oil Thank you
My website - weight loss blogspot
Superman will freeze the hulk with his ice breath and chuck him into the
ReplyDeletesun
Check out my homepage; superman stamina modules download
I know, it's thrilling!!!
ReplyDeleteHere is my blog - heart healthy cooking for one
I am excited to hear about your progress. You are really
ReplyDeletelucky to become in a position to recover from such intensity!
! I know that if I add negatives I need to have a couple of week (at least) off in among the workouts!
!! insane. Doing the good failure I am able to in fact come to feel myself acquiring larger on
about my 3rd working day off... it is a genuinely weird sensation.
Feel free to visit my web site ... muscles of the human body worksheet
No More Gimmicks: 10 Steps to Losing Belly Fat for Very good
ReplyDeletePosted on April 27, 2012 by No More Gimmicks: 10 Steps to Losing Belly Excess fat for Very good Lifting weights will assist build muscle, prevent muscle loss and boost unwanted fat loss.
Although location reduction is not possible (see above), .
.. As well as lifting weights and eating right,
do 15 to 45 minutes of intense cardio three times per week to assist .
.. Read more on Philadelphia Magazine (weblog)
Here is my web site ... build muscle lose Fat simultaneously
When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the image of a user
ReplyDeletein his/her mind that how a user can understand it.
Thus that's why this article is great. Thanks!
Here is my web blog :: Squirting Orgasm Mastery Review