Am I the only one that has those days when you're just watching the clock, waiting for nap time?
Usually, if I am lucky enough for Holden to nap while Jack is at school, I use that time to make dinner or blog tidy-up the house. But today I'm being totally selfish.
Today I just want to spend time with my good friend.
You may have heard of her.
If you do not have any of her cookbooks you are missing out. What I love about her, and her recipes, is that they look and taste special without tons of fuss. And isn't that what it's all about? You want the people you feed to feel special and loved by the effort you're putting into the food. You can really settle in and READ her cookbooks...not to mention the beautiful photography and fabulous tips to make your life easier.
You know I'll be keeping you up to date on the different recipes I like best.
Here are just a few that I know I will have to try.
*Truffled Popcorn
*pink grapefruit margaritas
*greek panzanella
*snap peas with pancetta
*balsamic roast beef
*chicken with shallots
*fleur de sel caramels
Final bonus to owning her cookbooks? They make a great addition to my buffet table.
What is your nap time guilty pleasure?
Do tell.




OK, we might officially be soul mates- haha! I love me some Ina, she is my favorite. Cute pics at the state game!
ReplyDeleteDays of Our Lives (switching to Ina during commercials).
ReplyDeletePlease don't tell anyone.
T
My kids are all in school now, but my self indulgence is my jacuzzi tub and a new wedding magazine =)
ReplyDeleteum, I used to nap, too!
ReplyDelete