I have so much to be thankful for, especially God's grace and provision for our family. It was a big leap to leave my job this summer, and although it has been a sacrifice, God continues to provide for our little family. I'm thankful for such a hard working husband who loves his little boy more than anyone, and is wise with our finances in this crazy economy. I'm thankful for a healthy little boy who loves Jesus, and his "whole family." This Thanksgiving I am even more focused on all of our blessings, when so many people are losing their jobs and homes, and our world seems to be is such chaos. While up north we were able to go on a sleigh ride through the woods and it was so fun!
I have great memories of this sleigh ride from when I was little, and I hope that Jack will too. The older and wiser I get, I realize that memory making is one of the most important parts of parenthood. I'm so glad Sarah (cieciorka) and Neil were up north with their children so that the kids could play. After celebrating Aiden's 4th birthday we went to the Christmas parade and then to Paulsell's house to celebrate dad's birthday. On Saturday we got up early for the sleigh ride and cut down a fresh Christmas tree. We had a jam packed weekend and Jack was exhausted on the way home.
I made many dishes at my dad's this year, but the biggest favorite was the Brussels sprouts lardons by Ina Garten. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/brussels-sprouts-lardons-recipe/index.html The pancetta & golden raisins are fabulous together.
The weekend before Thanksgiving Jay's family came to our house to celebrate. Rose brought the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. Shirley brought the jello and rolls while I made the appetizers, sides, and a couple desserts. It was great to spend time with them and just be together. As always, I enjoyed setting the table. Hooray for the season of celebration!



Wonderful update! Can't wait to see even more pictures. I agree on how thankful to be this season: you are definately on my list of "thankful they are in my life"
ReplyDeleteP.S. I bought my second Ina Garten book today!