
What a week. Jack and I have been home, basically all day every day. Monday morning he woke up with a slight fever and a cough. We haven't gone to Maverick's house this week for fear of spreading germs around...so we are home. Here's a bit of what has gone on so far. (This picture has nothing to do with the blog, but it's fun, so I decided to post it.)
- Monday morning, while climbing all over us, Jack said, "Mommy, Daddy and Jack lived happily ever after." Here's hoping. :-)
- The two areas of life that are consuming my thoughts lately (besides getting pregnant) are whether or not we'll move, and where we will send Jack to Pre-K in the fall. After being told not enough people signed up for our first choice, I've gone to see five other schools. I never imagined this would be such a process. He's four. But the prices in west Michigan vary from 175 a month to 600 a month. As of today, I'm between the catholic school in East, GR (although we are not catholic) and Ada Village Preschool. Monday we actually went to visit the Catholic school, and we really liked what it had to offer. When we pulled in the parking lot, Jack saw the cross on the building and said, "that's where Jesus died for us!" Next Monday is Ada village. This is cheaper, and smaller, but also further away.
- We've been considering listing our house with a realtor, so I've had two come over and give us estimates on our house. I've spent a ton of time this week cleaning for these showings, only to have them tell me that we could lose30-40 grand. This is incredibly depressing. I know the market is down/bad/etc., but this is ridiculous. So I'm choosing instead (today!) to be thankful for our home, and not stress about our school district. I am not in control. God is in control, and even when things seem crazy, He is still on the throne! Hallelujah.
- Last week, one of my best friends (who I've literally known since I was born) was told that her baby had stopped growing. Angie is 32 weeks along, but the baby was only 29. They put her on full bed rest, so she quit teaching for the year, and her husband is taking care of their 3 children under the age of six! Then, Angie called to tell me that her mom has breast cancer, and needed surgery. They discovered the mass was much larger than expected, and had spread to her lymph nodes. I'm praying for a happily ever after my dear friends.
- On a lighter note, since my battery is dead on my car, and Jack and I are locked up at home in the rain, it's time to go to baking. We've already cooked eggs for breakfast, and now we're onto Molasses Cookies. I do not care that it's a fall cookie! We're also going to practice writing his name in shaving cream. Here is to making the best of a week that feels like a dark cloud hanging over me. Both literally and figuratively.
I'm curious. How do you remind yourself, if at all, that God is in control and you are not?


Girl, you have been on my mind constantly this week. I am so sad for Angie's mom, and for all that she is going through now with her pregnancy. I also know how much you are stressing about your house and about becoming pregnant. I wish I could wave a wand and swoop it all away for you.
ReplyDeleteIf you do decide on the school in Ada, We will have to schedule weekly "coffee" or "lunch" times while he is in class. Those cookies are fabulous, and are an every-time-of-year thing as far as I am concerned. :)
Enjoy baking with your precious son. Many Hugs~K
yes, there is nothing that a little crisco and brown suger can't solve!
ReplyDeletePray that GOD will give you the
ReplyDelete"peace that surpasses all human
understanding." It is so human to
desire to control everything but
when you let GOD control things
the results will be so much better!
It is very liberating to "let go and let GOD." Enjoy everyday...it is a gift.
Although external factors definitely try to wear you down, you've just got to remember that you have the truest blessing there is- a beautiful (healthy and smart)son who is the image of God's son (and a mom who loves you more than life).
ReplyDeleteOf course, I have to remind myself of this everyday too! ;) Day-to-day struggles can definitely get you down!
Thinking about you and sending some fertility prayers your way!
Yes, I have so many blessings to be thankful for! My husband has a job, we live in a house we can afford, and Jack is healthy! I think this whole situation with Polly having cancer has thrown me off balance. The majority of my close friends have lost a parent to cancer...and I hate that.
ReplyDelete