5/4/09

Sweet (and stinky) Boys

I can say one thing for certain, my boys keep every day interesting! Following up from my last blog, here is a picture of Jack playing with shaving cream, after we practiced writing his name. He thought it was awesome to play with, but was not very interested in writing. Oh well! Fun times for a rainy day in our PJ's.
(sweet)
Jack is such a sweet little boy. Here are a few quotes.
--While on the phone with my mom, she asked what Jack was doing. I said,"I'm being a bad mommy and letting him watch TV while I clean." Jack immediately said, "You're not a bad mommy! You're a gracious mommy!"
--Jack didn't want my dad to get him dressed over Easter, because he thinks my dad is "too hairy." So he asked me to get him dressed instead. Jay quickly pointed out that mommy has lots of long hair on her head. Jack responded, "But mommy's hair is so beautiful. I just want it to get longer and longer and prettier and prettier." ;-)
--Saturday night, while snuggling before bed, Jack asked me to marry him. I said that I loved him, but I was already married to his daddy. He said, "that's ok! Daddy can be the big brother!"

This Saturday both the boys were outside playing by 8:15! I had to get their picture. Jack was "sharing" his scooter with Jay.

-- These two love "doing it like the boys do." They were playing catch inside, and Jack was working so hard and fast that his hair was wet with sweat. :-) They were saying hut-hut/blue-42, etc., when Jack said, "Mom, you know why we say hut-hut?! Because we're guys and we're tough and we figure things out!"
--When Jay left for work this morning, Jack requested a "family hug." While hugging, he said, "A family hug is when the kid is on one side, and the parents are on the other. It's the whole nine yards."
(stinky)
Today we went to visit the Jack's Pre-K school for the fall. The director was giving us a tour, and of course I want Jack to be his most angelic. Instead, he very loudly proclaimed, "Mom, I farted on you." I was mortified. ;-) The director put her arm around me and said that she has two boys, and they don't change when they become teenagers. Finally, as we were leaving Jack noticed their No Smoking sign. He told the director, "There's no smoking here! Only cigars are healthy for your body. My daddy looooves cigars."

2 comments:

  1. Carla does the shaving thing in her second grade class and the kids love it, too. Whipped cream is fun because they can eat it, but its much stickier!

    I truly wish you would write a book with all Jack's sayings. he is such a little love-bucket and so smart and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS! Love that kid...and you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails