5/25/09

Memorial Weekend

The boys spent some time having fun this weekend. I think there has been a shift, and the times of Jack preferring me over Jay are over. He is all boy, and is beginning to only need his mom when he's tired, hungry, or scraped his knee. ;-) I am thrilled at this new development! Here is the self-portrait they took while I was out. We had a few friends over Saturday night for Jay's fabulous grilling. (shrimp, corn, chicken) I made blueberry and peach crumbles. It was nice to spend time outside with friends--even if our view is of our neighbors garage. The best part of the picture below, not counting the fact that Jay looks like he's on drugs (he is not), is Jack's smile. He sincerely thinks that our friends are his friends! The other day he suggested we have people over, and I was thinking he meant one of his little buddies. Nope. He wanted our adult friends. I think it might be time for more play dates!
The highlight of the weekend, was getting the call that baby Taylor had been born a healthy baby boy. As far as I'm concerned, he's a miracle baby, and I'm so thankful for anyone who prayed for Angie and baby Taylor while she was on bed rest.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part of your pictures that in every picture jack has a smile as big as can be :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is just fantastic. I love your updates & Jack stories...and your family is so funny! Never a dull moment with Jack around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails