
As some of you know, it has been almost a year since we miscarried. Since then, many friends have lost their babies/pregnancies as well. It has really made me more sensitive to the loss that is felt, even though it is common. Why do some people's bodies work the way they want them to, and others just do not. This is truly something I will have to ask God about when I see him!
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:16
I am thrilled to say that after long year of praying, and enjoying the little boy God has already given us, we are expecting our second child. Jack, with all his attitude and curiosity, will be a big brother the first week of February. We had a 12 week ultrasound today, and our little family got to watch the 6.5cm baby bounce around, wave, and kick. A child is truly a miracle, and we are a family that appreciates the gift!
Here are a few Jack quotes I have truly enjoyed lately.
---Dad, why did cut my umbilical cord! I wanted to be connected to mommy forever!
---(in target) Mom, remember when I was all bloody when I came out of your belly, and I said, "Put me back!" (I had to apologize to the woman next to us. :-)
---Mom, I'm so glad I have you for a mommy. I'm glad I have dad for my daddy. But Grandpa Jim isn't anyone's daddy because he's not married to anyone--he's just married to himself!


Yay!! Congratulations! It will really just make you melt to see your two kiddos together, Ruby always wanted to hug and snuggle my belly when I was pregnant. She also wanted to constantly give newborn Margaret hugs and kisses. And I completely relate about the miscarriage, James and I lost twins before we had Ruby.
ReplyDeleteI will pray that all goes well with you in the next few weeks and months. I too have felt the pain of miscarriage many times. Congratulations on this miracle!
ReplyDeleteWith boy quotes on pregnancy, my boys recently told me that I should name our new one "Yoda" and that he will get out with his light saber when it is time! :0 OUCH!
Yeah!!!! Yesterday, I talked to your mom and asked how you were and heard the news. I wanted to write, but wasn't sure when you were announcing. I was sosososo excited for you!! I know things have been tough trying to conceive and with selling the house, etc. I am so glad to hear that prayers were finally answered! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Abby! I'm so happy that God has finally answered your prayers. I will keep you in my prayer list until your little bundle of joy can join your loving family.
ReplyDeleteLove, Carrie
Congratulations! We are so happy for you!!! Jack will be such a great big brother. I like his quote about Grandpa Jim . :)
ReplyDeleteHugs and kisses to your family of four!
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! HUGS to you all!
ReplyDelete