8/1/09

Jack Quotes





  • Dad, you're not perfect. No one is perfect except Jesus.

  • Mommy, why do you look sad? Awe--everyone (!) love on mommy! Come on everybody, let's give mommy some loving!

  • I love being in this family. I'm the only Jack.

  • Mom, your belly is looking big!

  • Jack was in trouble for not following directions. I went up to his room to talk to him after his time-out, to remind him that he is NOT the boss. He considered this and said, "Oh yeah? Well I'll be the boss of the baby!"

  • Daddy, when I'm a teenager I'm going to love to drink beer. (shoot)

Jack is in a phase right now where he is obsessed with being older/the oldest/the biggest. He dreams of being 15. I spend the majority of my time discussing when his birthday is in relation to others, and how he can't wait to be bigger. This picture is yet another example of him trying to prove he's bigger. I am so over this talk, and would love suggestions on how to remedy this obsession.

3 comments:

  1. These quotes are HIlarious. Especially the beer one. Look out girl :)

    I was just reading in L & L last night (per your recommendation) that modeling older behavior is very important and should be encouraged. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's what you get for recommending it :)

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. shoot! I guess I better go re-read that book.

    Here is a follow-up quote from tonight, while playing Wii with Jay. "Dad, what do you think of your Jack? Because even when I'm naughty, I love you. Even when I'm mean, I love you. Even when I'm lying, I love you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great shot! Aaron Plafkin would be proud - it kind of looks like Jack is "picking up chicks" (thank goodness, Aaron hasn't taught him anything else new!). Of course, Jack does well without Aaron's help.

    Love your updates, Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails