9/1/09

Table Time

We spent most of our time around the table this weekend. We spent alot of time eating around the table, and talking, of course. :-)

Two of Jay's college roommates drove from Indianapolis and Toledo to reconnect. It had been almost three years since they had been together. I love having company, and would do it every weekend if we could. There is just something about old friends that is so refreshing. I also took Jack to Kalamazoo for Ryan Delp's 1st birthday. His mom, Emily, was MY college roommate, and now that the boys are getting older, it's amazing to watch them love spending time together. It is hard when your friends are all spread-out, but we do the best we can. (See blog below for more far away friends.)


Emily's uncle Jim took this picture while the boys were CHARGING to save the princess.

Jack continues to think our friends are his friends.


Even after the meals were done, we stayed at the table to talk. I honestly think our dinning room is one of the most important rooms of the house. We were sad to see Fetzer and Steve go home.
Jack quotes:
*Mom, your hair is so gorgeous I should just marry you. (While I'm getting my teeth cleaned.)
*Mr. Fetzer, are you having fun being so intense? (playing on the wii)
*Jay told Jack to "sit." Jack quickly replied, "Dad, I am not your dog."
*Jack and the birthday boys were running the bases at the field. Jack quit running and said, "I think my blood pressure is low. I better stop."
*While our company was here, I asked Jack what he wanted to thank Jesus for before prayers. "I'm thankful for my mommy, my daddy, and for the police man in my house."
*Mom, you're belly is getting so big that I can't even stick my finger in your cheese holder! (That's Jay's name for belly button.)
*Jack was whisking some eggs for me, and when I dropped the egg in the bowl, he said, "Chefs, your time starts now!"
* I think the baby in mommy's uticrus is a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails