I had three conversations today, that I was not expecting. I guess there is a first for every conversation!
One advantage of not having a DVD player in my car, is the conversations with Jack. On the way to school today, our talk went something like this...of course, it was out of the blue.
Mom, some people don't love Jesus and God? No honey, some people do not. Oh, that's so sad. Why don't they? I don't know. Some people just don't want to think about Jesus or God. Well, God needs to give them a spanking. No Jack, that's not how God works. God loves everyone, no matter what, even if they don't love him back. God gives everyone a choice, and some people choose to not love him. That makes me sad.
Then, when I went into Jack's classroom to take him home, I had my first "pulled-aside-by-the-teacher" moment. She said that Jack gets "a little silly" when they are outside, and starts talking about butts. GRRREEAAT. I said yes, we would work on the potty talk at home. Ugh.
This week Jack has discovered the speed limit signs, and in true Jack fashion, wants to enforce them while riding in my car. I told him that sometimes mommy goes faster than 35, even when the sign says 35. WHAT! You're not going to follow the law!! Que the mommy feeling guilty for setting a bad example.
10/5/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Um yeah, so we have potty talk over here in girl land too...
ReplyDelete