Just a few pictures from our quiet day. This is the first time, in the seven years we've been married, that we've celebrated Christmas by ourselves. We did drive out to Spring Lake for a few hours to see Jay's mom, but otherwise, we were at home. I did my best to savor the calm and quietness, because after this year, we will be a family of four. Jack had a great day, and the boy definitely knows what he wants. We started a tradition of making a "birthday cake for Jesus" and that was a big deal for Jack. Plus, it tasted great in my belly. The irony was that cake I made was a better than sex cake, but I figured Jesus would appreciate my humor. Best wishes to you and yours, The Mancheskys
Grammy Shirl knew just what he wanted. 
Do you think they're related?

How did Santa know that Jack wanted this police book and car from the bookstore?

Just another tattoo.
"Better than sex cake" is delicious...it just needs a different name, I think. :) My mom was looking through recipes the other day and asked me "what is this "Heath cake" recipe?" I said, "I don't know what you're talking about - I've never made anything called "Heath cake"." She showed me the recipe - I laughed and said, "Oh, that's a Better than sex cake...which I changed the name of because I figured if any of the kids ever wanted to make it, you probably wouldn't want that title on your recipe..." :)
ReplyDeleteJessica