1/3/10

Quotes of the Week

  • Wow Jack, you know everything. No, I don't. I don't even know Jesus's middle name.
  • Jack accidentally ran into the wall. We need to get a construction worker here to move this wall out of the way.
  • Mom, I love you. I love when you read books to me in your bed. I love when you read books to me in my bed, and I love when you lay with me for a little minute.
  • Jack took Jay's wedding ring, put it on, and made up a rap song about how he's going to marry me and be funky.
  • Jack got his "very own credit card" for Christmas, which was actually a Barnes and Nobles Gift card. Jay was trying to help him decide between three options, and Jack said, "Dad, I know I can count on you to buy these flashcards for me for my birthday, so I'm going to get these other two instead."
  • Dad, here is six cents. Take this to the bank so you can buy mommy a mini-van.
  • I made the mistake of trying to read books in Jack's twin size bed. Mom, you take up so much room I have to sit all the way over here!
  • Mom, don't worry about those dishes. I'll take care of them for you.
  • Mom, you should have been a scientist when you grew-up. But now it's too late! I wish you could invent something to make me zero again.
I got pulled aside again at Jack's school. He was getting the other kids to tease, and run away from one of the boys. We're working on it. The next day, when I reminded him to be nice, he responded, "I know! You've told me so many times I have a headache!" Drama.
We have been busy gearing up for baby. The room is painted, furniture painted, and artwork on the wall, clothes washed, and the diapers are in the drawer. The only thing I'm waiting on now is the glider. We thought we had decided on a name, but now it's still a toss-up.
Jay has been earning his "dad of the year" award lately. He has been spending all of his weekends with Jack, when he could easily lay in front of the TV instead. They've gone sledding, downtown to watch sports with Jay's friends, walks, football, and even gone grocery shopping for me. I am incredibly blessed to have a husband that truly enjoys spending time with his boy!

1 comment:

  1. Aside from the 6 cent minivan, I think my favorite was the "move the wall out of the way" comment. Too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails