3/31/10

8 weeks

HOLDEN NICHOLAS
makes the sweetest noises when he eats
falls asleep with his eyes open
has so much to say
could happily watch his big brother all day
laughs in his sleep
sometimes cries for hours at a time
thinks his dad has amazing hair and often stares
weighs less than 10 pounds
is incredibly strong
has been sleeping on his mom's chest every night
has eyelashes that reach his eyebrows
wakes up the minute he's put in his crib
really likes his room--especially his drapes
prefers his mom
In a way, these weeks have gone quickly, and it's hard to believe I have TWO boys. There were a few years that I was sure we wouldn't have any more children...for a few different reasons. But whenever I feel tired, fat, impatient, lonely, disorganized, unshowered, hungry, or helpless, I try to take a deep breathe and remember that I am thankful to have a baby to hold. I have many friends trying to conceive, and I wish I could help. I know what it's like to want a child with your whole being and your body letting you down. Holden is an incredible gift that I refuse to take for granted. And some day he will sleep in his crib.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this post. Thank you for being grateful in all seasons. It is good to remember what God has brought us through. And one day you will wake up and that baby that never sleeps will be 2. Jacob was a horrible sleeper in the beginning and now can't get enough of his crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,
    Cal slept in my arms until he was 8 weeks old! It was a hard habit to break, but I don't regret it at all. Now he is sleeping in his crib, but it was a battle at first. Enjoy this time with him, as it sounds like you are :) (PS-- Cal now prefers to sleep in his lamb swing....that's our next habit to break...he hates napping in his crib!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails