I realize it is spring, and soup may be the last thing on your mind, but try this recipe I got from a friend.
I have only cooked a handful of times since Holden was born, and I've made this at least twice. I love this soup for many reasons. I can make it with out chopping anything, but then you sacrifice the onion, but I'm convinced this doesn't make a huge difference in flavor. It is delicious, healthy, and Jack will eat it. Finally, I think it is the soup version of my lasagna. Really, give it a try!
TURKEY VEGGIE SOUP
1 pkg. Jenny-O turkey sausage (hot)
1 large onion
1 C sliced carrots (I use half bag of frozen sliced carrots)
2 C sliced mushrooms
1 T. minced garlic
1 1/2 Lg. can chicken broth
1 Can Italian stewed tomatoes
1 Can tomato sauce
1 Cup small pasta shells
2 Cups fresh spinach
Squeeze sausage out of its casing, and brown in large pot or dutch oven. Add onion and carrots; saute 3 minutes, stir in mushrooms and garlic, saute 3 more minutes. Add broth, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce, bring to a boil. Drop in pasta and simmer until cooked (about 10 minutes) stir in spinach until wilted.
Serve with grated Parmesan.


This reminds me of a hearty minestrone. I think I'll be making this very soon. Great recipe!
ReplyDeletehey abby! i made this once when you posted it, and am going to make it again later this week. :) i don't like mushrooms, so i omitted them and added thin-sliced potatoes. we loved it. :)
ReplyDelete