4/22/10

Friday Favorites

(Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design item,and general stuff I love from the week.)



No, these are not oatmeal cookies gone wrong.  It's coconut! Can't you see the flaky goodness? If there is the tiniest chance you might like coconut, please, take a moment and promise yourself you will try these Coconut Macaroons.  Just once.  If you don't like them, I'll come over and take them off your hands.  No questions asked.  They are perfect to take to a party, because odds are, no one else will be making them.  They look fancy and take very minimal effort, and use very few ingredients.  If you want to go crazy, you can buy chocolate made for dipping strawberries, and drizzle that over the top.  They're great after dinner with coffee.  They're great at breakfast with coffee.  And the final added bonus: your house will smell divine.  Even My Main Man says so.


If you're looking for something to quench your Reality-TV-meets-Design hunger, check out "9 by Design" on Tuesdays, on Bravo. The parents are self-trained designers and house flippers.  Watching them with their 7 kids makes me want to have a big family...something I know nothing about as an only child.  I highly recommend you take a tour of their Tribeca home.   An article by Aaron Barnhard sums up the show.


 a family bringing order out of chaos, creativity out of sheer, youthful, unfocused energy

Do you need new jewelry to spice up your wardrobe?  Looking for jewelry to spice up my wardrobe?  Look no more.  I am in love with Stella & Dot.  Don't you just melt a bit when you see this picture?   


I swiped this picture from one of my new favorite blogs to read: Wide Open Spaces.  She's a "city girl trying to get back to basics."  She post mostly pictures of items, or landscapes, that will inspire you.  Go visit!  You won't be disappointed.


My final "favorite of the week is Carrie Underwood.  My Main Man and I are going on our first date since Holden was born, and that includes Sushi at Murado, and a Carrie Underwood concert with Jenny and Steve.  Now, if I could just figure out what to wear!  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails