After my last post, I thought I'd lighten it up a bit and switch to another favorite topic: nurseries! My friend, Marta had her baby girl this week. Her name is Farha Crandell Malviya. Beautiful name for a beautiful baby. You should see her hair! She takes after her dad. Raj and Marta transformed their guest bedroom to a sweet, delicate nursery for Farha. (Farha is Indian for happiness.) My favorite part of their nursery is the chandelier. It's stunning in person and really sets the tone for the rest of the room.
Marta is not done with this room yet, so you may be seeing the finished product in the near future. I didn't want to wait for you to see how great the chandelier turned out in the space. Look, even Hutch was excited for Farha to be born!
It seems very common to find out the sex of your baby at your ultrasound, but if you wait to be surprised, deciding on nursery colors can be tricky. Jenny, interior designer xtrordinair, and fellow spartan grad, chose a beautiful palette of turquoise, orange, and brown. Don't you just love the mod curtains?
Jenny had a girl, Sydney, and she's been adding touches of pink ever since. It's amazing how a light fixture can impact a room. This drum shade is sweet perfection. Can I move into Sydney's room, please? I love the playfulness, and all the exciting accessories for Sydney's imagination.
IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY YOU CAN SEE SYDNEY!
Did you find out what you were having when you were pregnant? Or wait and be surprised? What is your favorite color palette for a neutral nursery? Have you ever used a non-traditional lighting for a nursery or child's room?
If you would like Jenny's expert advice for any of your rooms, she can be reached at Gallery Interiors & Rockford Kitchen Design. Jenny.galleryinteriors@gmail.com 616.460.2375




I'm so glad to see another mom do turquoise for a girl's nursery!! :) It's definitely not as easy as doing a pink nursery (or purple, or yellow, etc.) for a baby girl, but I think it's worth it, and fun, esp. if aqua is your favorite color to begin with (like me!). Hee hee hee. :) (You really, really have to hunt for feminine/baby stuff in aqua). I LOVE that she offset it with orange (FAB color combo). Thanks for posting pics!
ReplyDelete