5/8/10

The Before

We need to get our house on the market, and my brain knows that in the deep dark basement, there lives a project so big, that I never want to actually get started on it.  This is what has happened to my not-so-perfect-self after 7 years of marriage and two kids.  I got started this morning pulling everything out of the cupboards.  So in an effort of full-disclosure, and making myself very vulnerable, here's what I'm doing today, and probably tomorrow!








Would you believe that this is after I sent Jay to Goodwill with a station wagon full of STUFF?  Do you still want to be friends with me after seeing my basement? If seeing these pictures stresses you out, let me leave you with this link to a much more calming "before and after" photo gallery.  It's stunning: younghouselove.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha......that's not Thaaat bad Abby! You are "NORMAL".....absolutely amazing, beautiful, intelligent, creative......but in this way......NORMAL!! I like to think of myself as a tidy and structured person.....but I too have an attic aaaaand the front room of Joe's shop which used to be an office is now my "shove it there until I know what to do with it" room =) Love you!!♥ Thanks for allowing me to see that you have your "dirty secrets" though!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I still want to be friends with you! I only wish I lived closer so I could help you tackle it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you lived closer too! I actually finished it all that day, now I just have some small finishing touches, and I'll post the "after" pics.

    Thanks Jen, for loving me through my "dirty secret"!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails