Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items,and general stuff I love from the week.
I'm working on making some changes to my blog. Thank you for your patience.
Have you ever been intimidated by making your own Roast Chicken? I have. I always just buy the pre-made chicken at the grocery store. But My Main Man had a big accomplishment at work yesterday, so I thought I would try something special. This is yet another recipe from Ina Garten, but really, you can never go wrong with her. As you can see, I am no food stylist, but the picture above is how Ina's Perfect Roast Chicken looked when I was done. There are quite a few ingredients, but it was not expensive to make, and there is very little work. For example, you just chop a whole garlic clove in half, and stuff it into the bird along with lemon halves, and a bunch of fresh thyme. I bought two heads of garlic, and left one in the roasting pan. I could just eat the picture below!
Since it is Friday, and you are getting ready for a long Holiday weekend, it is time to get your creative juices flowing! Have you ever considered creating your own lamp shade? Younghouselove was talking about Lamps Plus this week, and I was pulled in. But if lamps don't suit your fancy, how about a new purse? Design a new bag at LILL Studio! Here is a picture of one I created this morning. I love the Drea purse because it is reversible, so you can get more use out of it.
And while we are on the topic of accessories and design, look at this lovely summer clutch that Susannah shared with me:
Finally, don't you just love their floral chain necklaces?
I am trying to make a habit of frequenting our local Farmer's Market this summer. If you are also attempting to eat more local, seasonal foods, then you may find this map helpful. Use the Interactive Seasonal Map from Epicurious to discover the best food for your area.
I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!! Ours will be full of food, dog-sitting, and a visit from my lovely mother. I can not wait! But at the end of the day, I want to remember what this weekend is really about: honoring our fallen soldiers.









Abby that chicken sounds sooo good! My tummy is growling now.......believe me when I say that this will be eaten soon in our house! Yumm! Maybe I will make it for my mom.....she'll be here to visit for 2 weeks starting next Wed. =) Thank you for all you share....I know you do it a lot for yourself, but I really really enjoy your finds, opinions, and style!! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteJen, you have no idea how much your comment brightened my day! If you go visit the Emmmersonmade site, they have a super cute idea for a wedding place cards display. It might work for yours with your whole J+J theme.
ReplyDeleteI love Lill purses! And, I love your Friday Favorites!
ReplyDelete