My Main Man is as addicted to Costco as I am to Target. So when he came home with Lobster Ravioli, I wasn't sure what do with it. I'm sure some melted butter would have been just fine, but with a little searching, I found a sauce that was, as a friend of mine says, "diiiiiivine." I know Italian delis often have Lobster Ravioli as well, but if that doesn't sound good to you, I think this sauce has potential on burgers, or even steaks. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture, but I don't think it translates very well in a photo. (There really wasn't a recipe to credit anyone for, just a list of ingredients, so feel free to play around with the amounts listed below.)
Here's what you need for the shallot and goat cheese sauce:
one large shallot, chopped
4 tbs. salted butter
1 C white wine
1/2 C heavy cream
4 oz. of goat cheese
pinch of dried thyme
pinch of red pepper flakes
dash of ground pepper
sea salt
Here's what you do:
-sweat the shallots in the melted butter
-add the white wine and reduce by half
-add heavy cream and goat cheese, dried thyme, and red pepper flakes
-simmer for a few minutes, then add the cooked ravioli, or pour over steak or burgers
I served it with roasted broccoli, but anything green will do!
5/11/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment