6/14/10
Lessons Learned from The Housewives of NYC
I am not sure if it is my age, or my phase of life, but it seems that many of my relationships are changing. I realize there is a sort-of ebb and flow to the seasons of life, and when you are friends with so and so, but what do you do when these friendships change?
Do you maintain the relationship and just accept who the person is? Or do you pull away and decide to quit putting in the effort. If I have learned anything from watching DH of NYC, it is that even your close friends can change and turn on you. (Team Bethenny anyone?)
People grow, and change. Our lives and families grow and change. So when do you move on and call it quits? Breaking-up with a friend is a bit like finding a new hairdresser; do you really have a conversation about it, or just move on? OR do you stay with them because you've always been with them, but they leave you with ugly hair, or an ugly friendship? Maybe Jill does have a point.--"Bobbi told me I shouldn't have backed out, that I should have just backed off."
I am always surprised when people actually do what the Bible says. Recently, I was the awful friend. How do I know this? Because the friend that I hurt actually did what the Bible says, and called me to let me know. This woman is the most loving, best example of Christ (besides my mother) I have in my life, and I would never have intentionally hurt her. But instead of just whining to her friends about what a *beep* I was, she called ME and explained, with love, what my actions had done to her. I am so glad she did not give up on me. I am so glad she told me, because I'm sure this happens more than I know, and I just leave the people in my life trampled. Maybe The Housewives need to take some cues from the big J.C., and they would have a little less drama.
I would really love to hear your thoughts on this. I know I am not the only person with changing relationships! And what's really important here? Team Jill, or team Bethenny? My mom will be so ashamed I even watch that garbage. Sorry mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I have to say I've been on Team Bethanny this season. Jill seems to have lost it a little. . .
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet comment.
Emily
I don't watch the show....but.....I just wanted you to know that this exact topic is something I have been thinking about and struggling with for a couple of years now....with various relationships. I feel like I am the only one putting forth effort or care in to some relationships and without my "glue" holding them together.....they would just fall apart. I really really have had to decide what hurts worse, knowing I am the only one holding it together or letting it go?! Thank you for reminding me that it is part of life and I am not alone!! (Besides.....if people don't love us simply for our awesomeness, then their loss)!! Hee hee!
ReplyDelete