6/13/10

My House Has Never Smelled This Good

Mmmmm.  Sunday Dinner. 


I should tell you I was grouchy today.  Jack is still giving us a run for our money, and I had one of the trashy moments where the windows were open and I'm sure the neighbors could here me scolding him.  Holden kept me up from 3:00 a.m. to 5:30 a.m., so yeah, I was grouchy.  

But cooking can put me all back together again. 

I finally made those Malted Milk Chocolate Cookies today that I mentioned on Friday Favorites, so I just stayed with Pioneer Woman and decided to make her Chicken with Tomatoes and Garlic.  My house has NEVER smelled this good.  Rosemary, basil, garlic, and chicken were steaming through my whole house.  I kid you not, I put my face right up to the vent of the oven to try to get a better whiff, and almost passed out.  O.K., not almost, but I wanted too. 

This is a simple recipe, in that there is nothing to chop, and no difficult techniques. And the best part: minimal dishes to wash when you are done. The Pioneer Woman refers to it as a "pantry meal" because odds are, you already have these ingredients in your home. And did I mention how inexpensive this meal was?  The total for the meat was four dollars, and we already had a bottle of white wine open from making the shallot and goat cheese sauce earlier in the week.  So the cost of the total meal was minimal!  Plus it's dairy free, low fat, and could be gluten free with the correct pasta. 

Jay's favorite part was the chicken, because it "slides off the bone."  My favorite element was the flavor, that just seeps into everything, and Jack just ate it all up, so that is a good enough endorsement for me.  Give it a try!  I will be making this again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always looking for something new to do with chicken, and this looks to be doable. I just made PW's chicken spaghetti last night. That is a family favorite of ours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails