My mother in-law is generous enough to come over once a week for a few hours to help with the boys. Living an hour away does not stop her, thank God. I usually take the opportunity to cook, because the chopping and the browning and the mixing relax me and help me process. Her absolute favorite recipe I make is one of the simplest: Chicken Spaghetti. You can find the recipe HERE. It's similar to turkey tettrazini, but with a bit more flavor and color, thanks to the cayenne pepper. I made this Tuesday night for Jack and Lauren before Jay's big birthday dinner, and I may have eaten a decent portion before it ever hit the oven. This is a recipe for the whole family! And the perfect meal to take to someone who has just had a baby or is going through a rough patch. It heals all wounds.
I default to a roasted chicken from the store and organic chicken broth, but if you want to boil the chicken yourself per the original recipe--go crazy!
I am reading one of my favorite parenting books right now: The Blessing of A Skinned Knee, by Mogel. I hope to write a separate post on the book, but in the event you want to trust me blindly, pick up a copy here! This book will not help you get your baby to sleep, but is more of an overall decision of how you want your family to live.
Organizing Your Way wrote a post on home schooling. If you have ever thought about it, positively or negatively, you should read "home schooling is not optional".
The best writings I have read this week, are a whole slew of post from Hollywood Housewife. Here is the first post from the series that takes a young, college grad from Oklahoma to LA.
Prepare to be amazed! This creative mom is taking nap time to a new level. She develops a photo shoot around her daughter while she sleeps, playing out her dreams on Mila's Daydreams. Here are a few of my favorites:
Annie Ballantine was featured on House of Turquoise, and I instantly put these photos in the inspiration folder of my desktop. Cozy, stylish, unique, and modern are words I feel from this room, and what I hope to put into our house when we move.
Something about Laura Day's designs catches my eye. Her use of punches of color, wallpaper, and mix of vintage and glam just strike my fancy. Laura Day's portfolio can be found here.
Which link is your Friday favorite? I'm dying to know!











I follow the Hollywood Housewife too and have really enjoyed her flashbacks this week!
ReplyDeleteI love love love Annie's room!
Love the homschooling article. It is so very true! We need to teach our kids and model the importance of education. Along with that there are areas of education in the school that are lacking and we as parents need to supplement and teach our children what we want them to know and learn. As for the rooms, I don't think people with children live there! They are beautiful, but seem unrealistic ( at least for my family). I do love the color turquoise, but my other half begs to differ!
ReplyDeleteMeg
Now that I'm home during the day my guilty pleasure is checking out your blog to see the latest posting. I have loved all of your links and never knew I could learn so much or get so inspired from reading blogs!
ReplyDeleteI think I could make that! It looks so yummy......
ReplyDeleteWow, I LOVE the dream photos ~ how creative!
ReplyDeleteI love turkey tetrazzini, so I'll have to try that recipe!
ReplyDeleteThe homeschooling article resonated with me - of course, this is coming from me, a woman who was formally homeschooled by her parents, but still. I can't necessarily say that I will formally homeschool my own children (not sure I'm cut out for that like my mom was!); however, I know that I want to "homeschool" them the way she refers to!!! Very few things are more important...