8/17/10

The Best "Asian Salad" Recipe



We consumed so much food on vacation, but this salad from Denise was one of my favorites.  She got the recipe from her sister, and as is typical with salads, had put her own spin on the ingredients.  That is what is so wonderful about salads--you can make them your own.  


This is named an Asian Salad, but I think the only thing that lends itself to the Asian title is the dressing: to die for.  I am considering making this dressing en mass, in Ball Jars, and giving it out as gifts!


There is a lot of chopping, a bit of time spent at the stove top, but each step is worth the work.  This is a meal in itself!!  Feel free to edit and add ingredients to fit your tastes. If you do, please share your experience with me!!  I would love to hear your ideas and changes to the recipe.  


What you will need per the original recipe:

  • mixed greens
  • cooked bacon
  • chopped avocado
  • chopped red pepper
  • red onion {I omitted this}
  • blue cheese {Denise didn't use this, and I used Feta, although that is hardly "Asian."}
  • sauted mushrooms {I sauteed mine with olive oil and minced garlic}
  • chopped tomato
  • chopped hard boiled eggs {Did you know Eggland's Best offers these peeled and by the bag?}
  • La Choy Crispy Noodles {my addition for extra crunch}

Dressing:

  • 3 parts olive oil
  • 1 part soy sauce
  • 1 part rice vinegar
  • wasabi to taste
  • whisk to combine and serve immediately
Is this a recipe you would try?  What salads have you been making this summer?
If you would like to view all the recipes on my blog, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I would try it! If someone made it for me :) I am afraid my kitchen is just for resale....
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado, I'm in! Haha yum!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails