But there are so many advantages I never expected! While I was gone last week, and not really blogging, I had some very interesting blogging moments.
First, someone liked my post on the Foolproof French Loaf. They shared it on Facebook, and it was "shared" 15 times. I realize this isn't much, but to me, it was crazy! In one day the post, Foolproof French Loaf, was viewed by 2800 people!!! Sara was one of those people. She left a comment, so I immediately went to her website. It turns out she's an incredibly talented artist, and having a closing sale on her Etsy Store. Look what I picked up for less than $20!
Sara is very sweet, and if you are looking for a fabulous new piece and you're on a budget, give her some lovin' and head over to her store! {I will be doing a separate post on Sara once I have the painting hung in my home}
If you have ever liked one of the recipes or posts on my blog, please feel free to re-post a link on your Facebook page. You never know who might need the recipe or a good read. I so appreciate "meeting" new people!!
One of my favorite design blogs that I recently found is Design Indulgence. Sherry is a designer in Atlanta, and I always feel like a broken record when I leave comments on her posts, because I love everything she picks! On vacation, I had e-mailed Sherry asking her to add something to her blog, so that I wouldn't miss a thing. Not only did she do it, but she offered to mail me thank you gift! WHAT! HOW NICE IS THAT!??? This is what I chose:
I can't wait to post a picture once I have it placed somewhere!
Sherry does some great posts where she pulls awesome finds from catalogs or flea markets, not to mention her before and after shots! Head over to design indulgence for some great ideas and fabulous finds for those of us in the real world.
Do you remember when I found these amazing pillows at TJ Maxx for 20.00 a piece?
I love them with my whole heart. They pull the room together, they're linen, and stuffed with down. You can't beat 'em. But I was worried that something would happen to the fabric {Did I mention I have two small boys?} and I didn't know the name or a place to buy more. BUT, thanks to the world of blogging, I now knoq! Emily Clark recently finished her new home office. She is an incredibly stylish designer, and I love all of her work, but I especially love her new drapes. Can you guess why?
Emily was kind enough to share with me where she found the fabric, and it is a STEAL! {10.00/yard} Thank you Emily Clark for letting me sleep at night.
There are many bonuses to blogging. But this week, I'm grateful for the connections and kindness of strangers.
Are you thinking of starting a blog? Why wait?
Do you have a blog I should know about? Post a comment and share your link!





Thanks for leaving me my first comment!! =) That was quite exciting! Day #2 of blogging is quite fun. Love your pillows and that beautiful fabric.
ReplyDeleteSo true, Abby! I started my blog because everyone said I should have one for work - but I didn't expect to meet so many great people and really connect with them. Glad your recipe was a smash hit - I'll have to check back for it :)
ReplyDelete