begin with seedless grapes
add blanched asparagus
toss in a handful of walnuts, al dente cheese tortellini, and garlic Alfredo sauce
cover the dish (dutch oven), put in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Sarah and Neil took us to their favorite restaurant in Chicago, and introduced us to a pasta similar to this. Sadly, this was in 2002, and I have no idea the name of the restaurant! I immediately attempted to replicate the tortellini when we got home. The ingredients are unexpected, but oh so good.
This tortellini is all about balance: the sweetness of the warm juicy grapes, the the saltiness of the cheese, the texture of the walnuts, and the freshness of perfectly cooked asparagus. Give this a try and let me know what you think!
*I cheat and use refrigerated tortellini, and jarred Alfredo sauce.*
**You can also sauté mushrooms with garlic, and add them to the mix, but Jay hates mushrooms so I leave them out.**
Have you ever tried to make a favorite restaurant meal at home? What was it, and how did it go?





Oh Abby....since my kitchen is just for resale :) Trader Joes is my best friend! How can you be a blogger, a mom, and a good cook! Amazing.
ReplyDeleteSuch an unexpected but delicious combination!One of my favorite salads is with red grapes, cheese and walnuts, so I know I would love this dish!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute corner you have over here. I look forward to reading more.
Oh my goodness this sounds amazing!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI make a ROCKING Olive Garden minestrone soup, it's better than the restaurant!
Steph
PS I tried to comment just now and it took me to an old post on accident and so I deleted it!
sherry--I love the chocolate covered, PB filled pretzels from Trader Joe's. And I would love for you to be under the delusion of my perfection, but sadly I am not.
ReplyDeleteAimee--Thanks for stopping by! I'm honored!
Steph--Thanks for visiting! I love your blog. If you are willing to share your soup recipe, I would love to try it! my e-mail is at the top. (I'm sorry it took you to another post.)
This is the recipe I use for the Olive Garden soup- it's fantastic!! I don't use as much spinach as it calls for and back when all that spinach was being recalled, I stopped using it altogether!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-olive-garden-minestrone-soup-by-todd-wilbur-77585
Steph