8/31/10

Denial

I have tried to deny the fact that fall will be here faster than I can say school supplies!  To console myself, I pulled a few items to get me pumped for the new season.  
fall with turquoise and red


We have a lot of turquoise and blue in our home, so it just feels right to add a little red for fall.  And isn't that ruffled trench darling???! Just click on the mood board to see each item and the source.


Apparently, I am also in denial about how big Holden has gotten.  After I put him down for his morning nap today we heard a loud bang. The whole family rushed upstairs.  This is what we saw.  
Someone was knocking things off the dresser, and pulling his sound machine closer to grab the cord.  I know,  I should not have another piece of furniture so close to the crib, but trust me, this is the best layout of this super tiny room.



I thought six months was too early to be standing in his crib, but obviously I was wrong.  Thankfully My Main Man was still home and took time to fix the crib so Holden can nap safely!
Will you be choosing any new pieces for fall?  What is on your list?

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about pulling out my fall wreath already! I am in the mood! :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, you blink and they are THIS BIG!!!

    Yes fall is upon us, boo-hoo!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, fall is my FAVORITE season - hands down - so I can't share your unhappiness about it, because I'm just so excited!! The crisp, cool air that requires you to pull out the turtlenecks and jean jackets, but no winter coats yet; the gorgeous autumn colors, leaves going crazy beautiful on the trees and falling to the ground, creating a lovely, crunchy blanket all over the sidewalks and driveways; hot apple cider, pumpkin muffins, and cranberry bread. Yes, fall is the best season. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails