There was a time in my life when I had weekly staff meetings full of laughter, creativity, and the Naked Burrito from Qudoba.
Here, I have re-created my own version at home. I used all the ingredients I love from the restaurant, and put them together! If you wanted to make this, and wrap it up as a burrito, then bravo to you.
Here is your list:
cherry tomatoes, halved
pkg. Spanish rice: cooked
can of black beans: drained
can of corn with peppers
roasted chicken: shredded
sliced olives
shredded cheese or queso: depending on how healthy you want to be
avocado: serve it on the side if you won't finish the whole dish at once
fresh cilantro: don't skip!
spicy ranch dressing
Fritos: not pictured
Toss them all together in the bowl, and add the lettuce and dressing. I highly recommend serving guacamole on the side of this dish. We have never been able to finish it all in one sitting, and I hate when you want to eat it the next day and the avocados are brown.
This dish brings me back to a good place. What dish do you create that transports you to a different time and place?



Ohhh...that looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI'm so trying that, Abby. Great quick, weeknight dinner. Thanks for visiting, and I'll be back, too. Your boys are too cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Carol! It is an easy dinner to throw together, especially if you buy the already-cooked roasted chicken from the store.
ReplyDeletemydesignchic, I love your blog. It reminds me of mine, in that we both love beautiful images and are inspired by design. Thanks for visiting!
I make a really good chicken parmesan that always takes me back to "before kids." 2003: Late night at work for Kev and I, who cares! I could start dinner at 7pm and have a really good meal with wine and fresh basil ready by the time he got home. I still make the same meal but subtract many of the extra touches that I had time for when I was only feeding two.
ReplyDeletethat looks really awesome---i'll have to try. love your blog header picture of the shoes.
ReplyDeleteCandra
http://curiousgeorgi.blogspot.com/