8/13/10

Friday Favorites

Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items, and general stuff I love from the week. 

Summer is the season of grilling, and parties, but often times we miss out on everyones favorite carb: the potato.  Garlic Roasted Potatoes are the perfect alternative to the mashed potatoes of winter. Be sure you don't skip the fresh parsley because it brightens up the whole dish.  Click HERE for the recipe.   







Are you considering any home improvements this year?  Young House Love featured FIXR, an amazing site that will give you a researched estimate for countless home improvements, and even personalize it for your specific location.  


I can never get enough of before and after projects, and this china cabinet makeover will leave you inspired.  Click HERE to see the after pictures!


We are surrounded by kids this week, and I have loved the chaos.  This children's space I spotted on House of Turquoise is so light, airy, bright, and personalized, that it makes me want to curl up with a children's book and read tons of stories to the kiddos.  You can view other work by designer Tracy Bross HERE.  


Serena and Lily make incredible bedding, both for children and adults.  This image makes me want to do a whole post just on upholstered headboards.  They are so luxurious and transform a room.   You can "shop by room" HERE.  



I have found my latest addiction: lonny magazine.  This is an online mag that you can subscribe to via e-mail, and the images and articles are beautiful and inspiring.  Take a look HERE.

One of the books on my must-read list for summer is Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.  His blog is full of interesting discussions, and this post created quite a conversation.  Is your house a "princess free zone"?  Click HERE to read the post, and you want to be sure to read the comments, because that is where it gets really meaty.  


I would love to hear what your favorite image or link is from this week's Friday Favorites!  If you're new to my blog click HERE.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails