8/28/10

Jack Quotes

I was asked to post some "Jack quotes", because admittedly, I haven't been doing that lately.  This may be because his quotes are not quite as sweet...although he's still smart and funny.  I don't think those characteristics ever go away.  It's no secret that since Holden was born, we have a totally different child in Jack.  Sassy, and attitude are both words that come to mind.  He still has a sweet spot, but those moments are few and far between.


Here are the latest and greatest.  Jack's words are in italics.  I'm sure I'll be hearing from the parenting police soon:

-Jack was a little apprehensive when we stepped onto his new playground for the first time.  I wish Harrison was here.  I know, but you're here to make new friends!  I don't want new friends.


-We were explaining boarding schools to Jack.  No, we're not really going to send him away, but there are times we feel like it for sure!  My Main Man asked him what boarding school he would like to go to.  The ones where kids say stupid.  Great.  


-Holden is crying because he really wants his big brother Jack to come downstairs and play with him, and hold him, and snuggle him.


-His teacher asked if Jack was the oldest kid in the family. No, my dad is.  She thought he didn't understand, but really he was just being funny.


-Mom, when we have a million kids, then can we please get an Art Van?  {art van is a furniture store in town that he must think sells vans}
-Mom, you should get a Ferrari, and dad can get a mini-van.  Then when we we have the rest of the kids, they can all ride with dad, and I can ride with you in the race car.

-While playing Monopoly Jr. I was giving Jack change.  Nice math skills!

-Jack lost his TV and video game privileges.  This is the worst day ever!  You're ruining my life!

-One more dramatic quote to top it off.  Fine!  I'm locking myself in my closet for the rest of my life!

If he weren't mine, these would probably be funny.  :-)  To see some older, wittier Jack quotes, click here.  Like my blog?  Subscribe here.

1 comment:

  1. Abby, that is SO funny! I was at a friends house one day and her son was being really flippant with her [I think he was about 9 or 10] and she kept telling him she was going to take away privileges if he didn't be quiet. After she took away the computer game, and a few other things, she finally said something like "you can't play with any friends this week" and he replied "you can't take away MY friends!" I thought that was so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails