8/27/10

The Last Bit of Summer


Emily brought her boys over today and in an attempt to squeeze every bit out of summer we went to the pool...again.  Don't be deceived; the rest of the day was not so tranquil!  Let's just say it involved a giant black sharpie and the wall of our garage.  Is year 5 over yet?









And one of me, just because it makes me uncomfortable.  You know--have to stretch myself once in a while.


How cute are Holden's sunglasses?  Sooooo cute.

5 comments:

  1. Boys will be boys and do things that us moms(girls) would never think of. As for Sharpie, when my boys did that, they got soap and something for washing to see how hard that is to get off. Ours was an inside wall at an apartment we lived in. My kids are getting "squirrley" too as summer gets long and they are anxious for school. I am patiently counting the days and trying to find things to keep them busy. ** With two boys, you may want to find a new favorite color other than white!** :) There will be many more marker and messy incidents in your future. Have you guys made some playdough and slime yet? It is so fun and my boys love it! It keeps them very entertained for a while too. Especially if you hand over a few old kitchen utensils to play with too. Catch me on facebook and I can give you the recipe if you don't have it.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. I like Holden's new nickname - "Mr. Handsome". Of course that could fit Jack too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...that is some BLUE sky. I wanna be five again and go to the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharpies should be made in a way to repel children! My youngest once drew all over our new chaise lounges with one. Did I mention they were aqua blue? That is a beautiful picture of you and your son - both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg and Anne-Marie-- Thank you for giving some perspective that Jack is not the only child to ever get his hands on a sharpie. He wrote on the outside wall of our garage, our mailbox, our white picket fence, and the cement step of our front porch: all within minutes. Did I mention we're trying to sell our house!!? At this moment he is taking two of his video games to the game store to sell them to get money for new paint for the garage. ouch!

    Anne-Marie, did you cry when you saw the chaise lounge? I would have!

    Thanks everyone for the nice comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails