Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items, and general stuff I love from the week.
There are so many links this week, that I put them in a list. Don't be discouraged by the lack of pictures--click away! Happy Friday!
smitten kitchen
It's still summer! Here is the recipe I'm going to try this weekend. We loooove any roasted veggie in this house, and eggplant salad toasts looks like a fresh take on bruschetta. Click here for the recipe.
Here is the best post I read this week: bad radio
Parenting/Family Links:
*will your only be lonely: a reality check
Design Links:
*stencil happiness {whatever you think of stencils, this is different}
Food:
Recipe I tried this week that was a hit with all the boys: mini meatball sandwiches.
Which link is your Friday Favorite?? To see more Friday Favorites, click here. New to my blog? Click here.



I read the wimpy parent link and I agree. I actually already do the suggestions that she writes and they do work.Set the standard early in the home and then it turns into a normal routine.It is nice to know someone thinks the same way I do! The other chore link also rings true. Little ones like to help and it establishes a standard. When they get older and have to do it instead of want to, they have the ability already built in! Knowing how to do all those "home skills" is essential for anyone who plans to live on their own someday. Better to teach these skills young when it is fun and they like to be like mom, instead of trying to teach a teen to do laundry! **I think when they learn how to roll their eyes at you purposely, something malfunctions in their ears**
ReplyDeleteMeg
Yes....I did check out the stencil & I saved it in my files. I LOVE stencils...so that is my favorite link.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I am off to read your parenting links. I. Need. Help.
Have a great weekend!
Julie