8/26/10

Sometimes What You Need Is In The Garage

Yesterday I shared with my ideas for Kristen's wine room.  I actually had not seen the room in ages--maybe since December?  So after she got out of work, we met at her house to give the room a once over and start working on space planning.  I needed to measure to see exactly what size sideboard would fit on her wall, and I wanted to help her sort through what she already had.  

This is the picture of the buffet I put on Kristen's mood board.  We were planning to search Craigslist for something that was the right size and style, and then paint it white.

Portland French Provincial Style Buffet

But when I walked into their garage, they were storing this little gem for over a year, and had no plans of using it in the house.  YUMMY!  

This buffet fits perfectly in the room, and we have big plans to paint it and change the hardware.  

Kristen sent me these phone pictures after I had left.  She was thrilled that ALL of her stuff fit in the buffet, hidden from view.  {I can't wait to start getting the paint on the walls and trim.}


 phone pictures from Kristen

Have you checked your garage or basement lately?  There may be just the right piece you've been ignoring, lingering in the corner.
*update: I'm trying to convince her to rip up the carpet and paint the floor.  Who's with me?*

6 comments:

  1. Great find!!
    I did the same a few years ago with my parents old buffet ~ looks great with a coat of white paint & new hardware! And there is just something satisfying about getting to "create" your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! Jen, I would love to see a picture of your buffet! Email me if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the redo, Abby - make sure you send it over to Lesley at better after.. do you ever go over there? SO much inspiration! She'll love it! http://betterafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails