8/25/10

Kristen's Wine Room: Virtually Re-done


Kristen has been wanting to change their completely unused dinning room into a wine room for quite some time.  She just returned from an amazing family vacation in Italy, and was inspired to take the plunge to change it up!  She asked for my help, and I am thrilled to throw my ideas in the hat!  She asked for a green and purple room, so I hope I have captured her style.


Here are two "before" pictures, taken with her phone.  {Her camera was on the fritz!}




Here is what I would like to do!  Please be gentle, as this is my first mood board.

Wine Room for Kristen

-overall scheme is white, green, plum, and blue along with natural wood textures, and a little sparkle from the chrome.  The carpet, kitchen counters, and back-splash are all blue, and we can't ignore that, so I'm bringing it in!
-paint the trim Snow White by BM
-paint walls Clearspring Green by BM
-pull high top table to the middle of the room with new banana leaf bar stools
-find a long buffet via Craigslist to paint white (not keeping her hutch)
-enlarge photography from her Italy vacation as art
-there are French doors opposite the wall to the kitchen, that I would like to frame with gauzy white curtains along the whole wall
-give Kristen a comfy chair to relax and read in, along with new lighting.  The lamps are expensive, but hopefully we could find wood lamps elsewhere.  If anyone has suggestions please let me know!

What do you think?  If you click on the mood board, you can view each item and link to the source. Are there any pieces you would use in your home?  Thank you to Kristen, for letting us into your space!

New to my blog? Click here.  To see more design, click here.  If you like my blog, click here to subscribe!

12 comments:

  1. Looks great, Abby!!
    Kristen ~ we'd be happy to help you break that room in when you're done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, you are good! I love it! What a cozy place to chat & have vino. Can't wait to see the after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie! She was looking for a space to hang out with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green is wonderful, the warm tones of the chairs, lighting and art will reference her cabinetry, the plum wakes up the green and the carpet ties it all together - fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby....you did a great job on that mood board! I tried one the other day and it took hours...they are NOT as easy as it looks. I have used that BM green and it is a beautiful luscious green with a hint of blue undertones. Should look really good with the plums.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby, I can't wait for the finished project. You truly are talented!
    Jen, you are more than welcome to come over :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you nailed it with the wood light fixture and bar stools - the room will look great! Is she planning to add a wine rack or fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the encouragement, Anne-Marie!!

    Sherry, thank you! Yes, it took longer than I thought, but once I build up my inventory items, I think it will be faster.

    Mehridith, the light fixture is one of my favorite elements of the room! She has a wine fridge (pictured above) that we are planning to hide behind the wall of curtains in the corner. If you look closely, or click on the board, I have all the wine bottles is a basket for more texture. She also has her own wine rack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Especially that plum color you've chosen. I like how grape-y it is rather than just plain purple.
    Couple ideas: Pottery Barn makes a shelf for storing glasses and wine bottles - you might like it in the space. http://bit.ly/aJy9ne

    Second, I was wondering if chrome lamps would work in the space as a much more affordable alternative. I love how you're bringing in some glitz and glam with other chrome accents. http://bit.ly/aLUF9r

    Either way I think the space is going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane - both of your ideas are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jane! Great suggestions. Have you seen the Ava Mirrored White buffet? Talk about glam! But that was 5000, so really not an option.
    http://www.tonichome.com/catalog.php?item=445

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails