8/21/10

The Moment

I casually opened the mail on Thursday, and it was a letter to Jack from his Kindergarten teacher.  He was so excited and I read it to him immediately.


 I was was just as pumped as he was to hear from her, and she sounded so warm and welcoming.  She explained what his first day would be like, and really got him excited about school.  As I was reading out loud for the second time, how his parent would walk him down the hall to his classroom and see where he sits and hangs his backpack, I had "the moment."  I could see the picture in my head, with Jack's new, huge backpack walking him down the hall, and the tears fell.  Maybe I had been in denial that my baby was actually starting school, but reading that letter made it clear.  I had been praying for a school, asking God to work out the details and give us discernment on where to send Jack, and now it was beginning in a matter of days.  

My big boy is growing up, and I'm not sure I'm ready.






5 comments:

  1. I just got chills all over my body. I am glad you have clarity about a school...in my heart, I am still not sure if we are homeschooling Liam, public or private....I have a little time, though. So excited for Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is so great!! Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling! hehe
    xo
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are never REALLY ready....it is just forced on you. I still want to hold your hand in the parking lot!!!
    How wonderful to get a letter from the teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW-Thanks for the link to my laundry post!!
    xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw.. it's a tough day for Mums, but an exciting day for kids. All three of mine are full time now..and don't miss being home at all :) It sounds like Jack has a compassionate and caring teacher - he will be in good hands.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails