8/19/10

Thinking Of A New Headboard?


Your headboard can make or break the feel of your bedroom.  Considering we just bought bedroom furniture, after seven years of marriage,we are still waiting on a real headboard until we move.  So for now, I placed a wide picture over the bed.


I love how luxurious an upholstered headboard can feel.

urban grace interiors

holly dyment

angeline guido

caldwell flake

Canadian House and Home

I know I don't want wood, because I am not a big fan of matchy-matchy bedrooms.  {Yes, that is an official design term: matchy-matchy.}  A wallpaper headboard is another option.

carolina panache

great to be home, flickr
 
I also love the idea of using doors.

Sherry Hart Interiors

Thomas J. Story

Who knows?  Maybe I will just stick with art.
Tankesly and Gilbey

What type of headboard is in your master bedroom?  Do you love it, or wish you had gone with something different?

9 comments:

  1. We are over 8 years of marriage with no new bedroom furniture! I just don't find what I want, probably because I don't know what I want.
    After I find a dining room table and chairs, a headboard is my next project. I like the upholstered look, but maybe also the wallpaper now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah--my friend Jenny is a designer in GR, and she put wallpaper up the wall the width of the bed, and framed it with painted trim/moldings. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally loving those unfinished barn doors-turned-headboard.

    I don't have a headboard right now, and really want to make one...it's tough, though, because there's the window above the bed. But I will find a way. Just as soon as I finish my d@mn nightstands that I decided to build. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! check out this post on stencils. I might like this more than actual wallpaper! http://isabellaandmaxrooms.blogspot.com/2010/08/stencils-fabulous-stencils.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane- check out "design indulgence" on my blogroll for more info on the barn doors. {Sherry Hart}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use that art-for-a-headboard trick all the time in staging.. My own headboard is pitifully short now that we bought one of those super-comfy way-too-thick mattresses- I am working on a solution, but those scalloped, upholstered ones you featured are SO gorgeous..let us know what kind you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Upholstered headboard. Hands down the best. I always put them in clients homes, they are the most luxurious and provide the kind of cool style that a store bought wood headboard can't.
    xo
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have an upholstered headboard. Ours is hidden because of the thick mattress. You live and learn. Great post.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beds looks really Great! The POP of each color scheme and the combination as well in every bedrooms are obsession worthy!You definitely know how to find good deals!! i love it.so inspiring!thanks,such a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails