My friend wants to be pregnant.
She's not.
So I did what makes me feel better; I made her a list.
She's not.
So I did what makes me feel better; I made her a list.
10 Advantages to Being The Last Friend Pregnant
- Your friends actually have money to buy you gifts because they're not 22.
- They know what it's like to be pregnant or in the postpartum fog, and they bring you food and clean your house.
- They will never ask you how much weight you've gained and will always tell you how amazing you look no matter how big your face gets.
- They have tried all the products for mom and baby and know what actually works.
- They can explain to your husband that yes, she really is tired and not just lazy: Like-impossibly-tired-you-will-never-understand.
- There are extra babysitters from the older kids and more play mates from the babies!
- They show-up with breast pads, gigantic maxi-pads, and ice cream because they know what you really need.
- They will gladly give you their inventory of baby gear that has been collecting dust in the basement.
- They can warn you ahead of time that your privates will never be the same. Ever.
- They know just how magical it is to hold your baby for the first time and are truly happy to celebrate your new life.
What am I missing?
New to my blog? click here.
If you are a regular reader don't forget to follow my blog with the new gadget I added.



oh, that gave me the warm fuzzies. It's all true, too! I was one of the first - you? while the girls were off jetsetting I was trying to figure out how to remove formula stains :) I also knew that holding my little bundle of giggles was better than anything happening anywhere else..
ReplyDeleteI'm posting this list in my bedroom, next to the numerous pictures of my friends' kids. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!
ReplyDeleteAnne-Marie, I was the first of my friends(25)to get preggo and although it was exciting I think it was also lonely.
Kristen--If you like this feel free to re-post on Facebook!!
#11 - You will have more time than anyone to pad your emergency fund before a little one comes in and spends all your dough! :)
ReplyDeleteBut Abby - this only terrifies me more about having kids. And we realized recently that if we want to have a kid before I'm 34, well, I only have 2 years of freedom left! (When did i get so old?)
So true, So true
ReplyDeleteYou get to enjoy a few more years of kid-free liberty!
ReplyDeleteThis is EXACTLY what I need to post on my bedroom wall...above the kitchen sink....on the bulletin board above my desk at work...gosh, maybe I even need to paste it on my car!! I'm certain I will be THE LAST ONE to be pregnant; probably because I'll be THE LAST ONE to get married! Actually being "the last one" is so close to happening (very few of my friends are still childless, let alone single!!) that there's no point in fighting it - I may as well accept it. The sad thing is, I'm not even 24 yet and this is already true! They all got married and started having children already...ah, well. I need more lists like this. Can the next one you write be "Ten Advantages to Being the Last Friend Married"? I could use that one, too. :)
ReplyDeleteNeedless to say, I WILL be sharing this with a lot of people...if you don't mind. ;)
Very, very cute...I was sort of in the middle of my group of friends, and a lot of this actually rang true!
ReplyDelete