9/16/10

Chandelier: Before And After

I still can not believe I convinced my husband to paint our chandelier.  This man does not like change.  I have been known to buy a piece for the house, lean it up against a wall for a couple weeks, and then casually ask him to hang it.  I also will call him at work to warn him that I have made changes so that he is not shocked when he arrives at home.  One only repaints the bathroom as a "surprise" in their first year of marriage to never do that again. O.K., back to the chandelier!

Our dinning room has basically looked like this for the past 6 years:

We listed our house and are trying to sell, but I am committed to surrounding myself with things I love.  And because My Main Man signed up for me, he worked on this:

He inhaled many fumes in the garage.

Ta Da!  Dinning room, and really the whole main floor is transformed.

I am not 100% sure if I will leave it as is, or look for new shades.  
What do you think?

I am busy making numerous other changes to our dinning room, including the drapes, wall art, and accessories.  {Full dinning room "after" pics to come.}  I will fill you in on my not-spending-much version of our dinning room re-vamp soon!
I hope to see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!

If you read my blog regularly, could you "follow" me with the blogger gadget I just added?  I would greatly appreciate your support!

5 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, and it really does transform everything! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable difference...I'm a new subscriber - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I likey!! Wow, I have chandys on the brain too - I saw a post from Censational Girl and have been wanting to paint my chandy for a while now. I'm torn between white or black, but yours looks incredible!! Hmm...maybe white is the way to go!

    So happy you added the follower button....I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments--and for just reading my blog!! Do you think I need shades? I'm leaning toward yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have done that before. It took a lot of convincing to get my hubby to take it down so I could paint it. Totally changed the room. It went from polished brass to sleek semi-gloss black. We have built a new "old" house now.
    Leave it without shades. I love it just like that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails