9/13/10

What A Difference A Drape Makes

I am done living in the middle and indecision of "we will do that when we move."  The reality is that we may not sell our house for a year!  Although we do not want to invest more money in our home, because we will not see a return, I am determined to live in a home that makes me want to spend time there.  I am always telling others to get rid of the pieces they don't like!  Yet I am living with so many myself!  Not good my friends, not good.

I'm starting in here:

Over the weekend I made the change to this:




This room now feels incredibly different for just $38.00.  If this was our next house I would have done custom drapes, but for now, this makes me happy.  There are more changes coming, so check back later this week!

Have you ever lived with something you did not like for too long?  What inspired you to finally make the change?
New to my blog?  Click here.  If you like my blog, subscribe here or become a fan on Facebook.  You can cancel any time.

9 comments:

  1. So funny ~ I bought white curtains last weekend because I was so sick of ours. I was going to email you a picture and ask what you thought! I'll have to do that tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it really looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a change! I love it!
    You know what I have been dealing with for so long! Not sure what pushed me to do something about it, maybe just being home full-time now and having to look at them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing it as we speak while we wait to plan and build our new house. What is inspiring me to make changes anyway? (like new dresser, new living room chair) I CAN'T LIVE IN IT ANYMORE. There's only so much you can take, and then you learn how to be creative and hopefully by pieces you will be able to use in the new house...somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby, I really like the change!! It brightens it up!! I, too, can relate to your post b/c we're supposed to move in a year too and I am a busy bee trying to get this house to a state that I will enjoy. Anyway, I can totally relate!! Can't wait to see more......

    ps: I have the same covington wilmington fabric on a bolster pillow in our bedroom! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it! We are planning on putting our house on the market next spring. But, we have been saying that for the past two years! I am tired of waiting to see if we move or not. I need to take your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen- I would love to see pictures, but I'm sure they look great! You have good taste.

    Val- Thanks so much!

    Sarah- Yes, when you are home you start to notice everything that has been driving you nuts! I'm glad you like what I've done!

    A House and Home- Agreed. There is only so much you can take.

    Fran- Thank you! Our house is for sale but the market is so stagnant that who knows how long it will take. I love, LOVE, the covington wilmington fabric. :-)

    Anonymous- Thank you! Great to hear from a new voice. Let me know if you make some changes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abby, love the lighter curtains....It goes well with the light background of the pillow fabric! Good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a simple change but a HUGE difference-so light and fresh!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails