Over the knee boots are all the rage this season; really any type riding boot. Are you jumping in?
Here are some options that I like:
Miz Mooz Hugo, Gray, $185.00
Pebbled Boot, $258.00
Frye Paige Tall Riding, 345.00 .
Dixon over-the-knee boots, $425.00
What do you think? Will you be purchasing new boots this year and jumping into the trend? If so, will you save, splurge, or skip?
Do tell.








Why is always that as the price goes up, the look truly does get better? I love the last ones. Ooh....But I might have to skip the whole look. Not because I don't love it, but because we are on spending lock down. boo.
ReplyDeleteI'm skipping it for a few reasons. . . first of all, I think that trend won't last that long, and I'd rather get a pair of flat boots that are below the knee so that I can wear them for years and years. Second, I'm trying to only purchase clothes from companies that are officially sweatshop-free, and it's hard as heck to find them. That really has been saving me some dough :)
ReplyDeleteTo wear knee boots,means to wear skinny jeans. I am not going there! On the other hand, my girls look adorable in them as they are toothpicks and yes Sydney has black and brown boots to go along!(but they are the hand me downs from here sister)
ReplyDeleteMeg
funny - over the knee boots were all the rage last autumn in Budapest. I should have bought them then! I would have still been in fashion. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteHouse and Home- I know all about "spending lock down." Just think of the amazing new house you have to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteJane- I do not think it will last long either, which is why if I do try them, it will be the lest expensive version. Major kudos for your sweatshop-free quest!
Meg- You can totally pull off a skinny jean. I bet Sydney looks adorable!
Trazy- Welcome back!! :-)
I found (for wide calved girls like myself) that Lane Bryant has some very very cute boots that are super comfy! They aren't expensive either - so I got a pair of their riding boots! It was my fall "splurge" and it was only like $60! And I'm not wearing them with Skinny jeans either - I'll go with dresses/skirts or leggings and Tunics.
ReplyDeleteVanessa- I love them with leggings or a dress! And let's be honest. Skinny jeans are just leggings with pockets.
ReplyDeleteAbby, I don't have the legs to pull these off, but I love the look. I'll just have to admire it on everyone else. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI've never liked this look...especially not on me. I like my little heeled boots (only go up to my ankle) that I wear with slacks to work all winter. :) But then, I'm very traditional in my clothing choices.
ReplyDeleteWow! I love them all, but of course the Frye boots are my favorite. Why do I gravitate to the more expensive ones?? Anyhoo, I'm passing this year...need to save!!
ReplyDeleteLove them! Want some too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my blog. Your blog is darling.
xo,
cristin