9/7/10

To Paint Or Not To Paint?



Yes, we are trying to move, but I can not help but look around my house and want to make changes.  Do you see the chandelier in our dinning room below?  This room is open to every other room on our main floor. Wherever you are {except the powder room} you see this chandelier. 

 I bought it when we first moved into our house, and I was 24 and too poor to invest in good lighting.  So off to Home Depot I went, and bought the best option for the price.  But now, I feel like it's so dark and heavy, and just not my style.  
So what's a girl to do?

Spray Paint.  That is my grand plan.  I am fairly certain that if I can convince my husband to take it down, and spray paint it white, it can look more like this:
Simply White Architectural Chandelier, Shades of Light, $359.00

I think the whole house would feel lighter and fresher, and might even help with the sale.  

What do you think?  Is it worth making a change even though we are trying to sell? Or am I making a big mistake? 
Have you ever spray painted a chandelier?


Stay tuned for the world's best lasagna recipe later today!


5 comments:

  1. Spray paint!! I did all the light fixtures in a previous house and loved it! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, I spray painted mine also. Not white but more of a cream. I am glad I did! I did a post on it back in probably June. I think it would look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! I'm a bit paint crazy, and have done this just a few times :) it's easier if you mount it to a piece of wood and hang while painting, and leave in the bulbs - just twist them out and replace after.. Buyers want a fresh space just like you do..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it will look great and may even sell the house faster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally! The light over our bed was once white and pink from Target. I went to walmart, got a can of spray paint (nickel), and viola---a light we love! I agree, I think it will help sell your home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails