9/7/10

Dear Jack

Today was your first day of Kindergarten.  You have been counting down the days, and this afternoon, you finally got to wear your big backpack.  Daddy was very excited for you, and came home for a moment to say good-bye and take a picture with his big boy.
You finished your lunch, we loaded Holden in the car, and we were off!  You wanted to listen to KidzBop18, because I think you believe that is what "big kids" like.  You were dancing in your booster seat the whole ride.

Then it was time to get in line.

You found your place against the wall.

and waited for your teacher to come and call your class into school.

Mommy stayed for a few minutes with the other parents, and you wrote your name and met your new friends at your table. When I asked if you wanted to give me a "cheek kiss" you said no, but then you changed your mind, and we said good-bye.

Holden was so happy to have me to himself that he took the world's shortest nap and I got nothing done.  Then we waited a LONG time in the car-pool line {mommy will do better next time} and when we finally got to you, your teacher said you were "a fun kid!"  We think so too.

Riding home from school with you is going to be one of the most special parts of my day.  I love hearing what you are willing to share with me.  Today you explained that a girl told you she was your girlfriend.  "She had a ponytail like this, and hair down to here."  You replied that you already had a girlfriend, and your new friend backed you up, and she finally left the merry-go-round.  I hope there are many more moments that you share with me, and I just love watching you grow into a big boy.

Like my blog?  Subscribe here.  Come back tomorrow for my first giveaway!

{I was planning to share a lasagna recipe tonight, but for the first time in the million times I have made that, it did not turn out right.  I will make it again later this week, to take to a friend, and share it with you then!}

10 comments:

  1. My heart fluttered reading this - how sweet and special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! You look awesome, btw, and this was exactly what I needed to write Grace a letter... I've been meaning to write them each letters, with a pen and paper, to tuck away, for quite some time... just need to get it done!!! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treasure this day...because you will be sitting at his graduation in no time !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me realize I need to figure out a way to stay home with my kids at some point before they hit school age...i only have one now, but that is so sweet. i know i want that kind of time, contact, access and relationship with my kids. oh, i have a lot of rearranging to do...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I just adore this story, your darlings are so beautiful as are you!!
    xo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, that is just so cute! They grow so quickly, dont they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How ADORABLE...I remember that day like it was yesterday. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog via Green Street's guest post.

    When I first saw the picture of your husband and son, I thought your husband was the guy from Lost!I remember that first day of kindergarten for my son well. The night before I called my mom to tell her I was nervous. She told me, "Really honey, it's nothing, wait until he starts high school." LOL! It looks like your little man will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails